- Optoelectronic materials
- Quantum photonics
B. Appl. Sc (Hons) University of Technology Sydney (Applied Physics, 1997)
PhD University of Technology Sydney (Physics, 2001)
Milos Toth received a PhD in 2001 from UTS where he worked on the luminescence properties and defect structure of wide bandgap semiconductors. He subsequently worked as a postdoctoral researcher at Cavendish Laboratory, University of Cambridge, and a research scientist at FEI Company laboratories in Boston, Massachusetts and Portland, Oregon (USA). His work in industry was focused on the research and development of charged particle beam nanofabrication and analysis techniques.
Milos returned to UTS in 2011 to take up a Professorial Chair, and to set up a research group working on the development of self-assembly and top-down nanofabrication techniques, and their application to optoelectronic materials. His current work is focused on 2D materials and wide bandgap hosts of singe photon emitters.
- (2020). Role of knock-on in electron beam induced etching of diamond. Carbon, 164 , pp. 51-58, 2020.
- (2020). Charge and energy transfer of quantum emitters in 2D heterostructures. 2D Materials, 7 (3), 2020, (cited By 0).
- (2020). Optical Thermometry with Quantum Emitters in Hexagonal Boron Nitride. ACS applied materials & interfaces, 12 (22), pp. 25464-25470, 2020, (cited By 0).
- (2020). Strain-Induced Modification of the Optical Characteristics of Quantum Emitters in Hexagonal Boron Nitride. Advanced Materials, 32 (21), 2020, (cited By 0).
- (2020). Initialization and read-out of intrinsic spin defects in a van der Waals crystal at room temperature. Nature Materials, 19 (5), pp. 540-545, 2020, (cited By 5).
- (2020). Photonic Nanobeam Cavities with Nanopockets for Efficient Integration of Fluorescent Nanoparticles. Nano Letters, 20 (4), pp. 2784-2790, 2020, (cited By 0).
- (2020). Electrical excitation and charge-state conversion of silicon vacancy color centers in single-crystal diamond membranes. Applied Physics Letters, 116 (10), 2020, (cited By 0).
- (2020). Plastic Deformation of Single-Crystal Diamond Nanopillars. Advanced Materials, 32 (9), 2020, (cited By 1).
- (2020). Low-Temperature Electron-Phonon Interaction of Quantum Emitters in Hexagonal Boron Nitride. ACS Photonics, 2020, (cited By 0).