- Micro- and nano-fabrication of electronic and photonic devices
- Thin film materials growth and characterisation
- Sensors and devices for medical technologies
PhD, Electronic Materials, 2009, RMIT University; MEng, Microelectronic Engineering, 2005, RMIT University
B.E., Electronics and Communication Engineering, PSG College of Technology, India
Professor Sharath Sriram jointly lead the Functional Materials and Microsystems Research Group at RMIT University. Sharath is the Founding Deputy Director and was Scientific Coordinator of RMIT University's state-of-the-art Micro Nano Research Facility. His focus is on unlocking new properties in ultra-thin electronic materials to mimic brain function, sense biometric parameters, and create high-speed communication technologies.
A former Australian Research Council Fellow, his research excellence recognition includes the 2012 NMI Prize for Measurement Excellence from the National Measurement Institute, Australia; a 2012 Victoria Fellowship; the 2016 Australian Museum 3M Eureka Prize for Emerging Leader in Science; and being named among Australia’s Most Innovative Engineers 2016 by Engineers Australia.
Sharath’s passion is to unlock discoveries in materials and devices in order to transform these discoveries into technologies for everyday use, with a particular focus on healthcare. His research activities are undertaken in partnership with a number of Australian and international industry partners to develop sensors, electronics, and implantable devices.
- (2020). Electrically Activated UV-A Filters Based on Electrochromic MoO3- x. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 12 (14), pp. 16997-17003, 2020, (cited By 0).
- (2020). Ultra-wideband tri-layer transmissive linear polarization converter for terahertz waves. APL Photonics, 5 (4), 2020, (cited By 0).
- (2020). Ultra-wideband far-infrared absorber based on anisotropically etched doped silicon. Optics Letters, 45 (5), pp. 1196-1199, 2020, (cited By 3).
- (2020). Charge injection in vertically stacked multi-layer black phosphorus. Applied Materials Today, 18 , 2020, (cited By 0).
- (2020). High-Q Terahertz Absorber with Stable Angular Response. IEEE Transactions on Terahertz Science and Technology, 10 (2), pp. 204-211, 2020, (cited By 0).
- (2020). Differential Work-Function Enabled Bifunctional Switching in Strontium Titanate Flexible Resistive Memories. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 12 (6), pp. 7326-7333, 2020, (cited By 1).
- (2020). Dielectrics for Terahertz Metasurfaces: Material Selection and Fabrication Techniques. Advanced Optical Materials, 8 (3), 2020, (cited By 5).
- (2020). Broadband Single-Mode Hybrid Photonic Crystal Waveguides for Terahertz Integration on a Chip. Advanced Materials Technologies, 2020, (cited By 0).