- Microelectromechanical systems
- Infrared technologies
- Advanced nanofabrication and manufacturing
Ph.D. – The University of Western Australia (Electronic Engineering, 2007)
M.Ap.Sc. – McMaster University (Engineering Physics, 2002)
Hon.B.Sc. – University of Toronto (Physics, 1998)
Mariusz Martyniuk was born in Poland. He received his B.Sc. (Hons.) degree from the University of Toronto, M.A.Sc. from McMaster University, and the Ph.D. degree from the University of Western Australia in 2007. He worked in the industry sector as an Electronics Engineer before rejoining The University of Western Australia, where he is currently with the Microelectronics Research Group and manages the Western Australian Node of the Australian National Fabrication Facility. His primary areas of interest encompass thin-film materials and thin-film mechanics, as well as their applications in micro-electromechanical systems and optoelectronic devices.
Dr. Martyniuk’s research contributions were recognized by the award as a team member of the Inaugural Australian Museum Eureka Prize (the Oscars of Australian science) for Outstanding Science in Support of Defence or National Security in 2008.
- (2021). Achieving ultra-large elastic strains in Nb thin films on NiTi phase-transforming substrate by the principle of lattice strain matching. In: Materials & Design, 197 , pp. 109257, 2021.
- (2021). Pattern transferring of Prolift-100 polymer sacrificial layers with controlled sidewall profile. In: Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, 31 (7), pp. 075001, 2021.
- (2021). Optical Microelectromechanical Systems Technologies for Spectrally Adaptive Sensing and Imaging. In: Advanced Functional Materials, pp. 2103153, 2021.
- (2020). Microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) and methods. 2020, (US Patent 10,850,974).
- (2020). Crystallization of bismuth iron garnet thin films using capacitively coupled oxygen plasmas. In: Journal of Applied Physics, 127 (4), 2020, (cited By 0).
- (2020). Effect of Hydrogen Gas on Ferromagnetic Resonance Properties of Ni--Co--Pd Ternary Alloy Films. In: IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 57 (2), pp. 1–5, 2020.
- (2020). Crystallization of bismuth iron garnet thin films using capacitively coupled oxygen plasmas. In: Journal of Applied Physics, 127 (4), pp. 043302, 2020.