- III-V compound semicondutor materials and devices
- Low dimentional semiconductor structures (quantum wells, qunatum dots and nanowires)
- Optoelectronice devices (lasers/LEDs, photodetector and solar cells)
- Semiconductor THz detectors
Ph.D. in Physics (2001), The Australian National University, Australia MPhil in Physics (1996), University of Science and Technology of China, China Bachelor in Applied Physics (1993), Hefei University of Technology, P.R. China
Lan Fu is currently a Professor at the Research School of Physics, the Australian National University (ANU). Professor Lan Fu was the recipient of the IEEE Photonic Society Graduate Student Fellowship (2000), Australian Research Council (ARC) Postdoctoral Fellowship (2002), ARF/QEII Fellowship (2005) and Future Fellowship (2012).
Professor Fu is a senior member of IEEE, IEEE/Photonics and Electron Devices societies and was the past chair of the Photonics Society, Electron Devices Society and Nanotechnology Council chapters of the IEEE ACT section. Her main research interests include III-V compound semiconductor materials and structures (including quantum wells, self-assembled quantum dots and nanowires) grown by metal-organic chemical vapour deposition (MOCVD); as well as design and fabrication of III-V semiconductor based optoelectronic devices (LEDs, lasers and photodetectors), solar cells and THz detectors.
- (2020). Highly uniform InGaAs/InP quantum well nanowire array-based light emitting diodes. In: Nano Energy, 71 , 2020, (cited By 0).
- (2020). Engineering III–V Semiconductor Nanowires for Device Applications. In: Advanced Materials, 32 (18), 2020, (cited By 0).
- (2020). Three-dimensional cross-nanowire networks recover full terahertz state. In: Science, 368 (6490), pp. 510-513, 2020, (cited By 0).
- (2020). In situ passivation of GaAsSb nanowires for enhanced infrared photoresponse. In: Nanotechnology, 31 (24), 2020, (cited By 1).
- (2020). Review on III-V semiconductor single nanowire-based room temperature infrared photodetectors. In: Materials, 13 (6), 2020, (cited By 0).